lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Kiko Aumond <k...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject Stand-alone Index updating using EmbeddedSolrServer
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 22:26:11 GMT
Hi

I am new to the list and relatively new to SOLR.  I am working on a tool for
updating indexes directly through EmbeddedSolrServer thus eliminating the
need for sending potentially large documents over HTTP. This tool could also
be easily modified to allow for command-line querying, also using the
embedded server.

My questions are :
1) Does this functionality already exist and my google searches didn't find
it?

2) If this functionality is not yet available for embedded servers, would
there be interest in this code as a contribution to the Solr project and how
should I go about submitting the code?

Thanks
Kiko