lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] JTS compile/test dependency
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 18:44:28 GMT
On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Grant Ingersoll
<grant.ingersoll@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see why we need a compile/test dependency is needed at all:
> We provide a factory based spatial module where one specifies a
> SpatialProvider.  We have our own implementation of that which works for
> some set (or all) of the features.   An external project (Apache Extras?)

This is the non-starter for me.  This would split the dev across
multiple places and mean that the implementations I use (JTS) would
not be a first class citizen in testing.

This is the point of the whole debate... and why i think elsewhere may
be a better option.

ryan