lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: add(CharSequence) in automaton builder
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 12:25:12 GMT
> (sorry not mike, but) you are right, String.compareTo() compares in

He, he, thanks Robert. We have these anti-child-abuse commercials on
tv right now "you never know who's on the other side"... how
appropriate for this situation.

> utf-16 order by default. this is not consistent with the order the FST
> builder expects (utf8/utf32 order)

Yes, this is what I also figured out. The unicode code point order is
also impl. in BytesRef.getUTF8SortedAsUnicodeComparator, correct? For
what I need I'll use raw utf8 byte order, it doesn't matter as long as
it's consistent.

Dawid