lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Stand-alone Index updating using EmbeddedSolrServer
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2011 01:30:16 GMT
On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 8:15 PM, Kiko Aumond <kiko@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Yes, this is a CSV Loader.  This looks like one of those cases where there
> are many ways to handle 90% of the requirements but none that solves 100% of
> the problem. Which is why the CSV loader also almost solves the problem, but
> not quite.
>
>  We're not using solr as a web app, just using the embedded server, which is
> why we can't use curl and hence CSVLoader.  So this is a purely command-line
> driven application that runs against an embedded Solr server, no web
> containers,  for performance reasons.

But I've already pointed out that if you were running the solr server,
you could easily have just streamed the CSV directly from disk (even
though the time savings are normally in the 1-2% range).

Regardless, even if you're using embedded, you should still be able to
pass "stream.url=file://my_local_file" via something like
DirectSolrConnection or EmbeddedSolrServer and have the standard
CSVLoader stream directly from the file.  Of course if the CSV files
are of any sufficient size, it's not going to matter if you kick off
the stream via HTTP or embedded.

-Yonik
http://www.lucenerevolution.org -- Lucene/Solr User Conference, May
25-26, San Francisco