lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Jenkins slave out of disk
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2011 17:56:12 GMT
On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 4:17 AM, Simon Willnauer
<simon.willnauer@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Addition:
>> I meant such code to be replaced:
>>
>> -        indexDir = new File(workDir, "testIndex");
>> +        indexDir = _TestUtil.getTempDir("testIndex");

Thanks for merging Simon!

also, for what its worth, we should at some point review these tests
creating explicit directories.

If a test wants to create an index, it can use newDirectory() or
newFSDirectory(). The latter will only select filesystem-based
implementations, never RAMDirectory, etc. When you use these methods,
a unique temporary directory is automatically produced (and of course,
deleted after the test if it passes).

Most of these tests probably don't care what the directories actual name is...