lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Spatial Future
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 18:31:53 GMT
On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Grant Ingersoll
<grant.ingersoll@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 6, 2011, at 12:06 PM, Smiley, David W. wrote:
>> with its replacement being an externally hosted ASL-licened module expressly designed
to work with Lucene/Solr 4.0 and beyond (temporarily known as lucene-spatial-playground).
 What would stay is the _basic_ spatial support that got into Lucene/Solr 3.1. Furthermore,
no future spatial work would be accepted on Lucene/Solr aside from support of the basic capability.

> That is the piece I was wondering about and why I said yesterday it isn't likely to work,
as it will just fork.  How do you tell people not to put in patches to L/S, especially when
part of it is native and part of it isn't?

Right - there's no need to try and make promises about the future.  It
seems unrelated to the questions at hand here.

-Yonik
http://www.lucenerevolution.org -- Lucene/Solr User Conference, May
25-26, San Francisco