lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Spatial Future
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 14:16:36 GMT
On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Grant Ingersoll
<grant.ingersoll@gmail.com> wrote:
> By all means go for it.  I don't see any reason not too.  I guess in the end, I'm not
sure what you are asking us to do.  Do you want Lucene/Solr to remove all of our spatial
support in favor of incorporating this new project or do you just want those who are interested
in spatial to join the new project and it can be seen as an add on?

Let's not confuse the issue... what is being discussed really has no
impact on the basic spatial search that was added to Solr.  As you
said yourself, the Solr geo stuff uses very little of the spatial
contrib stuff.

This is about building and maintaining a spatial module, and the best
place to do it (which I'll leave up to those doing the work... I'm
pretty happy with basic point, radius, bounding-box).

-Yonik
http://www.lucenerevolution.org -- Lucene/Solr User Conference, May
25-26, San Francisco