lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] JTS compile/test dependency
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 18:54:34 GMT
> I'm sorta confused about this (i'll probably offend someone here, but so be it)

Don't worry

> Its hard for me to tell, i hope the reason isn't "elegance", but why aren't
> we working on making a simple,supported,80-20 case in lucene that
> non-spatial-gurus (and users) understand and can maintain...

for me it is all about testing and development.

For my needs I can't use the simple stuff, and *need* the features
that many users won't care about.  I have not done any work on the
existing spatial contrib because it does not meet my needs.

The code can be separated so that the the dependencies are as you
suggest -- i have done this, but it makes testing more difficult and
less robust.  As part of the framework I've introduced a robust way to
use the same data and and tests with different strategies and
implementations.  For me to work on it, i need the stuff i use to be a
first class citizen in testing.

ryan