lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about 3.1.0 release, SVN and common-build.xml
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 12:49:13 GMT
The branch is ok -- 3_1 branch is intended for 3.1.x future releases indeed.

If we can commit to releasing 3.2 instead of 3.1.1 in case only bug fixes
are present, then I'm ok with it. We'd also need to commit, in general, to
release more often. So if we decide to release say every 3 months, then 3.2
can include all the bug fixes for 3.1.

If that's the case (and I support it wholeheartedly), why create a branch
for 3.1 at all - we could just tag branches_3x?

Also, the release artifacts are named 3.1.0, suggesting there will be a
3.1.1 -- hence why I wrote this email. But again, +1 on:
* Not releasing 3.1.1, but instead 3.2
* Not branching 3x, but instead only tag it
* Name the artifacts of future releases x.y only.

Shai