lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <>
Subject Re: add(CharSequence) in automaton builder
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 12:29:34 GMT
On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Dawid Weiss
<> wrote:

> Yes, this is what I also figured out. The unicode code point order is
> also impl. in BytesRef.getUTF8SortedAsUnicodeComparator, correct? For
> what I need I'll use raw utf8 byte order, it doesn't matter as long as
> it's consistent.

yes, if you are already working with bytes, definitely just stay with
binary order (utf8 and utf32 are the same order, its only
utf16/String/chars that are wackos)

sorry, since you were talking about the charsequence api to builder, i
assumed for a second you were working with chars/Strings, and forgot
about how this is confusingly mixed with, yet distinct from, the whole
BYTE1/BYTE4 selection in builder :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message