lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Wilkins <pwilk...@MIT.EDU>
Subject returning raw payloads in Solr
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 21:33:05 GMT
Hi All:
I have found a wealth of information online about using payloads to influence the rank of
search results, which seems to be the prevalent use case.

I want to do something a little different.  I want to return the raw payload I have associated
with the token(s) contained in the search query.  I think this is Jira issue LUCENE-1888.
I have used the examples I have found online to store the payloads in the index, which I can
verify using Luke.   What isn't apparent is the chain of objects I need to return that data
in the result set.

Could someone indicate which objects I need to use to get the results back in Solr?
I appears I need to implement a QParserPlugin, and a QParser, but what do I need to implement
to get my payload results from the QParser the results?
Do I need a similarity() method if I don't intend to use the payload for boosting?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated,
Peter