lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Hadoop patch builds for other Projects
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:04:12 GMT
FYI

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Nigel Daley <ndaley@mac.com>
> Date: April 10, 2011 11:20:41 AM EDT
> To: builds@apache.org
> Subject: Re: Hadoop patch builds for other Projects
>
> Hey Grant.  Sorry for the late reply.
>
> I revamped the precommit testing in the fall so that it doesn't use Jira email anymore
to trigger a build.  The process is controlled by
> https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/PreCommit-Admin/
> which has some documentation up at the top of the job.  You can look at the config of
the job (do you have access?) to see what it's doing.  Any project could use this same admin
job -- you just need to ask me to add the project to the Jira filter used by the admin job
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/12313474/SearchRequest-12313474.xml?tempMax=100
) once you have the downstream job(s) setup for your specific project.  For Hadoop we have
3 downstream builds configured which also have some documentation:
> https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build/
> https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/PreCommit-MAPREDUCE-Build/
> https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/PreCommit-HDFS-Build/
>
> Let me know if you have questions or can't see these job configs.
>
> Cheers,
> Nige
>
> On Mar 30, 2011, at 8:37 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>
>> Over in Lucene, we interested in setting up a patch testing framework for Lucene
similar to what Hadoop does.  That is, when a new patch comes in, we would like to apply it
to the trunk, test it and check it if it meets our requirements and then post a comment on
the JIRA issue giving it a preliminary vote.

>> Does anyone know what the process is for setting this up?  Is there a wiki or other
instructions for it anywhere?  Or does, perhaps, Jenkins have a plugin that supports this
kind of thing?  As I recall from talking w/ Nigel about this before, it involves a fair amount
of scripting and some mail processing work.