lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Unsupported encoding GB18030
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2011 18:32:44 GMT
My XP is a VMWare instance. SP3 with Oracle's standard Java. I upgraded Java to Java 1.6.0_24
but that did not fix it.
Then I installed support for "East Asian languages" and "right to left" in Control Panel,
rebooted and tried again. No luck.
Then I installed GB18030 Support Package from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=26235.
No luck.

I don't personally have this issue since I don't run Windows, it was a test I did to validate
that things work under Windows.

I don't see the reason why "exampledocs" should contain docs with narrow charsets not guaranteed
to be supported.
In my opinion this file belongs in the test suite, also since it only contains "test" content,
unsuitable for demoing.

+1 to remove gb18030-example.xml from exampledocs. Not sure if it should be moved to a unit
test.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com