lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@thorntothehorn.org>
Subject Filters with 2.9.4
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 05:29:59 GMT
Hi,

Another migrate to 2.9.4 issue for me...

When a search is done by a user, I collect a 'DocSet' of Documents for that
'owner'  (Term("id", "XX)).  This is a single set for all Documents in the index
and NOT per reader.

Then when searches are made I use caching Filters, but I use my master DocSet as
a Filter for those chained Filters.  However, with 2.9, Filters are now called
per segment reader and there's a DocIdSet for each Reader.  There is no way for
the filter implementation to know the docBase for the passed reader, like the
collector does.

As the Javadocs for Filter.getDocIdSet imply, a Filter must only return doc ids
for the given reader.

I am now stuck with a filter implementation that can no longer interset the
master bitset for my 'owners'.

Was this envisaged during the changes and is there a way I can get hold of the
docBase for an IndexReader.

Thanks
Antony