lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Gregor Heinrich <gre...@arbylon.net>
Subject Re: Numerical ids for terms?
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:16:12 GMT
Thanks for the quick response. Please be a bit more concrete than "some form" of
term--id mapping:  Do you refer to subclassing SegmentReader with the
appropriate Map implementation or is there a tested structure in the existing
API that I've overseen? Regarding a Directory abstraction backed by a memory
mapping API, my question refers to using Lucene API because even if may be
perceived "dumb", it hides a lot of boilerplate code. Are there any efforts
going on regarding this?

Cheers

gregor