lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Automaton serialization (IndexOutput/IndexInput).
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 11:39:19 GMT
On 4/4/11 1:26 PM, Dawid Weiss wrote:
> Yeah, I know, but you create a subfile in that folder and in case of
> FSDirectory a subfolder would be created for the automaton... so for
> 'parent' you'd have something like:
>
> parent/fstlookup/fst.file
>
> Can it look this way or is:
>
> parent/fst.file
>
> more suitable? This is most likely a matter of taste, but I wanted to
> confirm it first.

I think that no-one should be looking in that folder unless they want to
implement their own lookup (and then he just needs to avoid a name
clash) or need to debug things. I think that if you need to create a
bunch of files for your Lookup then it's better if they are in a subdir,
so as not to mix them with data files from other Lookup-s.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><