lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Google Summer Code 2011 participation
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 14:06:14 GMT
Hi Jayendra,

From <http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/faqs#who>:

In order to participate in the program, you must be a student. Google defines a student as
an individual enrolled in or accepted into an accredited institution including (but not necessarily
limited to) colleges, universities, masters programs, PhD programs and undergraduate programs.
You are eligible to apply if you are enrolled in an accredited university educational program
provided you meet all of the other eligibility requirements. You should be prepared, upon
request, to provide Google with transcripts or other documentation from your accredited institution
as proof of enrollment or admission status. Computer Science does not need to be your field
of study in order to participate in the program.

You may be enrolled as a full-time or part-time student. You must also be eligible to work
in the country in which you'll reside throughout the duration of the program, e.g. if you
are in the United States on an F-1 visa, you are welcome to apply to Google Summer of Code
as long as you have U.S. work authorization. For F-1 students applying for CPT, Google will
furnish you with a letter you can provide to your university to get CPT established once your
application to the program has been accepted.