lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: PipeLine for Solr
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 16:56:14 GMT
Hi,

We've been thinking about the same for some time, and I put together a WIKI page discussing
the need for such a pipeline. Feel free to edit, extend and discuss inside the WIKI.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DocumentProcessing

It need not be a part of Solr as such, but it is crucial that there is one preferred pipeline
where the community can gather their effort in writing re-usable processing stages.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

On 18. apr. 2011, at 12.37, Roland Villemoes wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I know this question may have been asked before – but I really did not find any usable
answers browsing the archives. So I have to try the developer list here.

> We at Alpha Solutions often need a Pipeline for handling crawling, analyzing and routing
before we hit the UpdateRequestHandler in Solr. I know we could actually use the UpdateRequestHandler
for this - but often we like to perform all these tasks before hitting Solr.
> We have been using OpenPipeline which does offer a GUI also which makes it rather nice
to administer (if you tweak the GUI a bit!). I does seem though, that OpenPipeline will not
really get going. Nothing happens, and there is not really any community around it – and
it doesn’t seem that the guys that’s behind this will ever move this further.

> So we are looking around towards other “pipeline” projects that can work well with
Solr.

> So – does any of you have any ideas on this? Any recommendations? Or any plans of this
for Solr?

> Thanks a lot
> Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
>
> Roland Villemoes
> Tel: (+45) 22 69 59 62
> E-mail: rv@alpha-solutions.dk
>
> Alpha Solutions A/S
> Borgergade 2, 3.sal, DK-1300 Copenhagen K
> Tel: (+45) 70 20 65 38
> Web: www.alpha-solutions.dk
>

> ** This message including any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged
information
> intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient
> you should delete this message. Any printing, copying, distribution or other use of this
message is strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone
> or e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments from your system.
Thank you.