lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Villemoes ...@alpha-solutions.dk>
Subject RE: PipeLine for Solr
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:30:47 GMT
Hi Gérard

Thank you for your reply. I will absolutely look into it :)

Still wondering where the Solr Community will bring this in the future?

Looking at commercial products (we use this a lot here at Alpha Solutions) products like Exalead
and FAST really does have impressive content (and search) pipelines, and most of all impressive
tools included. And as the future for FAST is extremely uncertain now FAST customers moving
to Solr will lack the pipelines and the tools. Well as consultants we can establish functionality
developing the missing pieces - but tools are still missing. And where customers could (almost)
 administer and work on pipelines themselves - they now need developers.

Thanks for input - looking forward to see more :)

Roland Villemoes
From: Gérard Dupont [mailto:ger.dupont@gmail.com]
Sent: 18. april 2011 12:50
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: PipeLine for Solr

Hi Roland,

We are proposing exactly this kind of integration facility with our open source WebLab-project
(see weblab-project.org<http://weblab-project.org>). The tutorials are not perfect,
but we are a team of 15-like engineers on the project which has more than 4 years history
and is currently used in our projects. Our goal is to rely as much as possible on standards
and thus each processing step (SourceReader, Normaliser, Analyser...) are defined as Webservice.
Then the global orchestration is done in BPEL. On the plus side we have a SolR indexer, but
I'm quite sure it's not very optimised ;-).

If you are interested I'll be happy to support you (I'm paid for that already ;-).

cheers

On 18 April 2011 12:37, Roland Villemoes <rv@alpha-solutions.dk<mailto:rv@alpha-solutions.dk>>