lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Filters with 2.9.4
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 07:01:00 GMT
Hi Antony,

Why not use CachingWrapperFilter together with a TermsFilter or
QueryWrapperFilter(TermQuery)? This Filter keeps track of all used segment
readers. So you build an instance:
 Filter f = new CachingWrapperFilter(new QueryWrapperFilter(new
TermQuery(new Term(...))));

And reuse that filter instance with all queries, the user starts. No need to
hack the cache yourself. The above variant is much more effective as it
works better with reopen()'ed index readers (after index changed), because
it reuses the unchanged segment readers.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen