lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Stop iterating if testsFailed
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 17:11:47 GMT
: I see. On the other hand, it's a bit annoying when you run with X=100 for
: the purpose of catching a multi-threaded bug, which occurs after the 2nd
: iteration ...
:
: I can propose another parameter, tests.iter.break.on.failure, but it's too
: much I guess :).

suggestion:  add two params...

	tests.iter.min=X
	tests.iter.max=X

...make both default to tests.iter as a convinience
lave the loop iterate up to tests.iter.max and break out if
(tests.iter.min < counter && testFailed).

people who want to see at least N iters run, but are willing to run up to
X until/unless there are failures can use tests.iter.min=N,
tests.iter.max=X

people who want to run until first failure can use tests.iter.min=1,
tests.iter.max=X.

people who want to see how many failures there are in a set run size can
(still) use tests.iter=X

-Hoss