lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Lucene Solr 3.1 RC1
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 03:05:27 GMT

: The source is because I *think* we are required by the ASF to have

yes. we are.

: source for a release (but we can have as many other artifacts as we
: want to).  Otherwise I'd say "yeah, dump the source release, use svn".
:  Providing source releases as opposed to git or svn URLs is getting
: close to being an anachronism.

svn is a work in progress, svn tags can be moved.  signed release
artifacts are the only true release.

these things aren't really subject to debate -- they are what they are.
the only question is how the tutorial should be available to people who
download a source relase: I arguee that we should include the prebuilt
versions, you argue that the source release should mimic what you get if
you do an svn export -- since the prebuilt HTML/PDF files are what you get
if you do an svn export, we have no disagreement.

-Hoss