lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Solr 3.1 RC1
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 02:07:05 GMT

On Mar 17, 2011, at 9:45 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> by thta same rationale, we don't need to include javadocs in any release,
> because you could always find them online (and if i wanted to be snarky:
> you could always go find the java source itself online too)

I'm tempted to +1 both those things. But okay - lets distrib all this crap and provide it
online as well - and lets dance and juggle to get one form to the other - but please, oh please,
can we stop distributing the website in the release. Including the PDF's of the website. This
is a pain in the ass to have to update and then include in the release as an RM - it's not
worth its weight IMO. Disengage from Forrest ... disengage....

- mark