lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene Solr 3.1 RC1
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 13:07:20 GMT

On Mar 17, 2011, at 11:36 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2011, at 11:13 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:
>
>> patches welcome!
>
> Sometimes you have to slash and burn to clean out the old under brush.
> My patch would simply excise forrest and the website. Then, reveling in the success of
that great improvement, I'd sit back, take stalk and see what came along.

> But it looks like others are winding along on another track - so I'm happy to let them
go about it and see where we land.

> Apache's home brew CMS scares me until proven otherwise.

Nah, it's actually pretty nice.  Dead simple: Markdown + SVN + some webbased management.
We use it for OpenNLP.   I have started the process of converting us, but need time to get
Forrest's XDOC to Markdown figured out.  From there, I want to move all the sites (Lucene,
Solr, Open Rel and PyLucene) onto it and out into a single SVN tree structure separate from
the dev trees.  I've already scoped that part out.