lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <>
Subject Re: Lucene Solr 3.1 RC1
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 01:04:59 GMT
IMO, I think our source release should be what you get when you do a
checkout from SVN.
Building from source is more expert level, and one needs (minimally) ant set up.

If I do another RC, I'm half-way convinced I should just do an "svn
export" and tar it up.  No .zip... anyone handling a source release
should know what to do with a .tgz   Attempting to automate it by
yanking just the right stuff out of a superset is just so error prone.

As far as docs - I think most people look online first?  They would
certainly look online if they didn't see anything local.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM, Chris Hostetter
<> wrote:
> : * nothing in README or "ant -p" about how to build the non-javadocs (ie:
> : tutorial)
> we could add a one liner about this to the README.txt...
>        Run the forrest command in the src/site directory to build the tutorial
> ...but the more i think about it the more i'm convinced that we should
> just include the pre-build "site" directory in the source packages
> this is consistent with what we do for the lucene source packages -- we
> actually have the html/pdf versions of hte lucene forrest docs in the solr
> source packages, but not the solr forrest docs.
> -Hoss

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message