lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 3.1
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:42:13 GMT
Don't know how important this is, but:

1) I've just tried following the instructions from example/README.txt,
under cygwin curl is not installed by default and post.sh assumes it
is always available, resulting command-not-found ugliness.

2) example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml states that:\

  <!-- Clustering Component

       http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ClusteringComponent

       This relies on third party jars which are notincluded in the
       release.  To use this component (and the "/clustering" handler)
       Those jars will need to be downloaded, and you'll need to set
       the solr.cluster.enabled system property when running solr...

          java -Dsolr.clustering.enabled=true -jar start.jar
    -->

Not true, all the required JARs are included.

None are blockers, I will fix #2 in the trunk, let me know if this
should also be applied to the 3.x branch.

Dawid