lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Behavior of Solr Cell changed in 3.1?
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2011 22:03:19 GMT
It looks like a documentation bug (i.e. an example that no longer
works due to a schema change?)
So we should change _t to be multiValued, or add a new multiValued
dynamic text field.
I just verified this also happens with 1.4
I know that there are some parts in solr-cell that catenate values if
the field is single-valued, but I don't know if this is one of those
places.

What *doesn't* happen with 1.4 is this:
Solrtutorial1.OverviewThisdocumentcoversthebasicsofrunningSolr...

I don't know if this is a tika bug, or a change in tika API that was
not accounted for in solr-cell during a tika upgrade.

-Yonik
http://lucidimagination.com

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Eric Pugh
<epugh@opensourceconnections.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was playing around with the capture attributes stuff in Solr cell, and I could not
get the example to work with the 3.1 code:

> The query:
>
>         curl "http://localhost:8983/solr/update/extract?literal.id=doc2&captureAttr=true&defaultField=text&fmap.div=foo_t&capture=div"
 -F "tutorial=@tutorial.pdf"

> from the docs seems to fail.  I had to make the _t dynamic field multivalued as a first
step, but even then, then the result:

>   "foo_t":[
>          "page",
>          "page",
>          "page",
>          "page",
>          "page",
>          "page",
>          "page",
>          "page",
>          "  SolrtutorialTableofcontents1Overvie....  ALL THE TEXT IN THE DOC...
>
> Is this a documentation error (at least the need for _t to be multivalued) or a bug?
>
> Eric

> Eric Pugh | Principal | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com
> Co-Author: Solr 1.4 Enterprise Search Server available from http://www.packtpub.com/solr-1-4-enterprise-search-server
> This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential
unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.