lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Solr 3.1 RC1
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 01:58:36 GMT
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 9:45 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:
> by thta same rationale, we don't need to include javadocs in any release,
> because you could always find them online (and if i wanted to be snarky:
> you could always go find the java source itself online too)

Absolutely.
The source is because I *think* we are required by the ASF to have
source for a release (but we can have as many other artifacts as we
want to).  Otherwise I'd say "yeah, dump the source release, use svn".
 Providing source releases as opposed to git or svn URLs is getting
close to being an anachronism.

-Yonik
http://www.lucenerevolution.org -- Lucene/Solr User Conference, May
25-26, San Francisco