lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick ALLAERT <patrick.alla...@gmail.com>
Subject Handling wildcard search containing special characters (unicode)
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:51:38 GMT
Hello,

Facing a Solr issue, I have been told that queries with a term like:
Kiinteistösih*
will not match the Finnish word "Kiinteistösihteeri" and that it's a
known limitation of Lucene.
Instead, using the word directly, without wildcard, works.

Do you confirm this a known limitation/bug?
If so do you have any registered issue about that?

Searching the ML archive and the issue tracker in both SOLR and LUCENE
projects didn't provide me a pointer to this problem.

One of the reference I found on the web talking about this problem is:
http://forum.compass-project.org/message.jspa?messageID=227709
But again, no pointer to a discussion or issue.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Patrick