lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter#setRAMBufferSizeMB removed in trunk
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 12:38:07 GMT
I agree. After IWC, the only setter left in IW is setInfoStream which makes
sense. But the rest ... assuming these config change don't happen very
often, recreating IW doesn't sound like a big thing to me. The alternative
of complicating IWC to support runtime changes -- we need to be absolutely
sure it's worth it.

Also, if the solution is to allow changing IWC (runtime) settings, then I
don't think this issue should block 3.1? We can anyway add other runtime
settings following 3.1, and we won't undeprecate anything. So maybe mark
that issue as a non-blocker?

Shai