lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Zhijie Shen <zjshe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Participating in GSoC'11 with Lucene
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2011 04:32:35 GMT
Hi Simon,

it's so nice of you to give me the informative summaries. They're
quite helpful for me to start. Thank you very much!

BTW, I've already had a jira account: zjshen.

Regards,
Zhijie

On Sunday, March 13, 2011, Zhijie Shen <zjshen14@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> I'm a graduate student from National University of Singapore, majoring in Computer Science.
The enthusiasm of open source and information retrieval drives me to participate in GSoC'11
with your community. I first got to know Lucene when I was in a software engineer intern in
IBM, working on Lotus Connections.

> Now I've already checked out the source code and successfully built it locally. Meanwhile,
I begin to read through the Jira issues, and are more interested in Issue 2308, 2309 and 2621,
which seem to be the refactoring tasks (Please correct me if I'm wrong). My personal feeling
is that these tasks will be more appropriate for a beginner to get in. Moreover, I think to
start with such a big project, it is more efficient to read through the discussion on Jira
to understand the problem, and then dive into the related code with the problem kept in mind.
What is your opinion? I'm looking forward to your guidance.

--
Zhijie Shen
School of Computing