lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter#setRAMBufferSizeMB removed in trunk
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:49:44 GMT
Hi Shay,

It sounds like we should put this (ability to change RAM buffer on the
fly) back.

But, can you describe how/why you need this?  Is it because you have
many IWs open at once and you want to dynamically change which gets to
use RAM?

Are there other settings that were moved to IWC that you also
dynamically change today...?

Can you open an issue?  Make sure it's marked fix 4.0/3.2!  Thanks.

Mike

--
Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com