lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FieldType API change proposal -- SOLR-2423
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:57:03 GMT
the default implementation would just use toString()

For things that could use the type directly (Date/Numbers) they check
instacneof.

This is actually identical to what currently happens in
DocumentBuilder, but would happen in the FieldType and would not check
everything if it is:
1. instaceof BinaryField
2. instanceof Date

ryan