lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using contrib Lucene Benchmark with Solr
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 00:48:06 GMT

On Mar 30, 2011, at 7:56 PM, Robert Muir wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Burton-West, Tom <tburtonw@umich.edu> wrote:
>> I would like to be able to use the Lucene Benchmark code with Solr to run
>> some indexing tests.  It would be nice if Lucene Benchmark to could read
>> Solr configuration rather than having to translate my filter chain and other
>> parameters into Lucene.   Would it be appropriate to open a JIRA issue for
>> this or is this something that doesn’t really make any sense?
>>

> I think it makes great sense, we moved the benchmarking facility to a
> toplevel module so we can do this:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2845, but we didn't
> actually add any integration yet.
>
> I've been in this exact same situation too when trying to use the
> benchmark package, and I'd sure like to see better solr integration
> with the benchmarking package myself.

FWIW, I've re-used the DocMaker stuff quite successfully in other projects and to send in
docs into Solr (for instance, it's handy for indexing Wikipedia).

I'll see if I can dig up anything useful there, although my recollection was that it was a
simple one-off that just used SolrJ to send it in.

-Grant