lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr Release Page Wiki
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 22:34:57 GMT
FYI:

I'm working on a possible replacement HowToRelease page for Solr.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToRelease2

The idea being that we boil down to the primary steps involved - simplify some - and add all
the other 'stuff' to supporting pages.

That also lets us group things a little differently - eg, the website tasks go to their own
page. I'm thinking some changes along these lines might help us split up some of the release
work among multiple volunteers in the future.

Honestly, a lot of the release issue is that its usually only one or two people putting in
most of the work when it comes to the wiki TODO lists. In the right circumstances, we might
get to more of a many hands make light work scenario.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com