lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <k...@r.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: known problem? - firstSearcher event of SpellChecker is never called
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2011 00:10:48 GMT
> Hmmm, this does look like a problem.
> In general, a searcher is opened first, and then inform() is called on
> components.

I like the sequence.

>> At the time, firstSearcherListeners includes SpellChecker's firstSearcherListner,
>> registered by procedure 3 above. But if you have no<listener event="firstSearcher"/>
>> registered in solrconfig.xml, at the procedure 2, searcherExecutor.submit()
>> is never called because firstSearcherListeners.size() is zero at the moment.

I made it was misleading. I think there is a timing issue. Regardless of the existence
of <listener event="firstSearcher"/> in solrconfig.xml, SpellChecker's firstSearcher
listener can never be called, because Callable.call() can be called before executing
SolrCoreAware.inform().

How about moving the following block:

for (SolrEventListener listener : firstSearcherListeners) {
   listener.newSearcher(newSearcher,null);
}

to the end of SolrCore constructor from getSearcher(), because it is for firstSearcher?

Koji
--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/