lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <>
Subject Re: known problem? - firstSearcher event of SpellChecker is never called
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2011 00:10:48 GMT
> Hmmm, this does look like a problem.
> In general, a searcher is opened first, and then inform() is called on
> components.

I like the sequence.

>> At the time, firstSearcherListeners includes SpellChecker's firstSearcherListner,
>> registered by procedure 3 above. But if you have no<listener event="firstSearcher"/>
>> registered in solrconfig.xml, at the procedure 2, searcherExecutor.submit()
>> is never called because firstSearcherListeners.size() is zero at the moment.

I made it was misleading. I think there is a timing issue. Regardless of the existence
of <listener event="firstSearcher"/> in solrconfig.xml, SpellChecker's firstSearcher
listener can never be called, because can be called before executing

How about moving the following block:

for (SolrEventListener listener : firstSearcherListeners) {

to the end of SolrCore constructor from getSearcher(), because it is for firstSearcher?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message