lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Burton-West, Tom" <tburt...@umich.edu>
Subject RE: Using contrib Lucene Benchmark with Solr
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 15:24:54 GMT
Thanks Robert and Grant,

Does this need a separate JIRA issue dealing specifically with the ability of benchmark to
read Solr config settings, or is it subsumed in LUCENE-2845? or should I just add a comment
to LUCENE-2845?

Tom
-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Muir [mailto:rcmuir@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:56 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using contrib Lucene Benchmark with Solr

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Burton-West, Tom <tburtonw@umich.edu> wrote:
> I would like to be able to use the Lucene Benchmark code with Solr to run
> some indexing tests.  It would be nice if Lucene Benchmark to could read
> Solr configuration rather than having to translate my filter chain and other
> parameters into Lucene.   Would it be appropriate to open a JIRA issue for
> this or is this something that doesn’t really make any sense?

I think it makes great sense, we moved the benchmarking facility to a
toplevel module so we can do this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2845, but we didn't
actually add any integration yet.

I've been in this exact same situation too when trying to use the
benchmark package, and I'd sure like to see better solr integration
with the benchmarking package myself.