lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 3.1
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:10:06 GMT
I found a few documentation issues in the binary Lucene .zip (these are not blockers, IMHO):

Lucene binary .zip
------------------
A. README.txt:

   1. "contrib/demo/lucene-demos-XX.jar"
      ("demos" should be "demo")
   2. "See BUILD.txt for building a source distribution"
      (there is no such file in the binary distribution)
   3. No mention of the included test jar: lucene-core-3.1.0-tests.jar
   4. No mention of the javadoc jars (one for the test jar, one for core jar)

B. Javadoc:

	The Test Framework API home page is the same as the root home page.
	(At a minimum, it should be blank, but better would be a
      description of the test framework.)

Steve