lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <dsmi...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: custom ValueSource for decoding geohash into lat & lon
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 22:25:18 GMT
On Mar 10, 2011, at 6:21 PM, William Bell wrote:

> 1. ValueSources does not support MultiValue fields.

I think the problem isn't ValueSources, it's the FieldCache.  The FieldCache is fundamentally
very limited to one indexed primitive value per document. I took a look at UninvertedField
but that appears to be tied to faceting and it's not sufficiently flexible any way. I think
I need to do, as UninvertedField does, create a cache registered in solrconfig.xml.  The other
tricky bit is somehow accessing it.  I think I figured it out. In my field type's getValueSource(SchemaField
field, QParser parser), the parser is a FunctionQParser implementation, which has access to
SolrQueryRequest, which has access to SolrIndexSearcher, which allows me to lookup the cache
by the name I choose.  That's quite a chain of indirection that took time to track down; I
nearly gave up :-).

~ David