lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Surround Queries and hash()/equals()
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 17:40:45 GMT
I've been looking into the surround query parser and it's query implementations and am having
issues that seem to point to improper hashcode/equals implementations for the anonymous inner
classes that actually create a real Query object.  For instance, lines 76-88 in DistanceQuery
(branch 3.x).  The problem manifests itself when you try to hook it into Solr and you don't
get the expected results b/c all queries are hashing to the same value in the query result
cache.

I'm not sure who wrote this (Paul E, I think), but perhaps someone else might have some insight
into this, as I haven't used them at all.  At any rate, I'll open a issue, but if anyone who
is more familiar w/ the code can take a look, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Grant