lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: draft website 3.1 announcement
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 22:19:21 GMT
Hi,

>  * MultiSearcher is deprecated; ParallelMultiSearcher has been
>    absorbed directly into IndexSearcher

That's trunk only? I did not notice that IndexSearcher was changed?

>  * CharTermAttribute replaces TermAttribute (nocommit what else to
>    say?)

* CharTermAttribute replaces TermAttribute  which is easier to use because
it implements CharSequence and Appendable (behaves like StringBuilder, can
be directly passed like a String to various API's like Java's Regex engine)

* TokenStream and AttributeSource have now a reflection interface to nicely
display/debug attribute contents.