lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Solr-dev mailing list on Nabble
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 00:50:48 GMT

: As I mentioned on the solr-dev mailing list
: <>,
: David Smiley's responses to emails on dev@l.a.o have been going to
: solr-dev@l.a.o.  This is a problem, and it's not restricted to David's
: emails.

what problem does it cause?

: I put up a support request on Nabble:
: and the only response so far seems to indicate that mailing lists are
: managed by admins associated with the project with which each mailing
: list is associated.

this is "relatively" new -- it's a change they made several years ago, but
at the time the solr-dev and java-dev archives were setup, anyone could
add/configure a list archive forum -- even the description was community
editable (i know i remember writing the description on that page, but i
just checked and i don't have a nabble account)

I've even recieved emails from nabble telling me that forums i'm the admin
of (ie: i asked them to start archive a mailing list) are scheduled for
deletion do to inactivity, but when i try to login or recover the password
for the accout they sent me email at, their system says i have no account.

According to the "People" pages for solr-dev and java-dev, some guy named
"Hugo" is the only adminstrator of those forums...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message