lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: wind down for 3.1?
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 01:53:24 GMT

: 1. javadocs warnings/errors: this is a constant battle, its worth
: considering if the build should actually fail if you get one of these,
: in my opinion if we can do this we really should. its frustrating to

for a brief period we did, and then we rolled it back...

: 2. introducing new compiler warnings: another problem just being left
: for someone else to clean up later, another constant losing battle.
: 99% of the time (for non-autogenerated code) the warnings are
: useful... in my opinion we should not commit patches that create new
: warnings.

it's hard to spot "new" compiler warnings when there are already so many
... if we can get down to "0" then we can add hacks to make hte build fail
if someone adds "1" but until then we have an uphill battle.

-Hoss