lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <dsmi...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Why does DIH jar end up in Solr war?
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 06:23:15 GMT
Yes it would be a slight anomaly for this .jsp file (a small text file) to be there but not
the jar file.  But that feels like a better trade than this contrib module being the only
contrib module that has it's jar file within Solr's war.
I don't see what issue there would be regarding SolrResourceLoader.  I tried out what I'm
talking about and used example-DIH with the DIH .jar file in the multicore lib directory of
that example and I used the "db" core fine.
I can submit a patch in JIRA if you're agreeable.
~ David
From: Erik Hatcher [erik.hatcher@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:06 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Why does DIH jar end up in Solr war?

Well, it doesn't really make any sense for dataimport.jsp to be in the WAR file if DIH isn't
there (will it really work being loaded, and friends, by SolrResourceLoader)?

        Erik

On Feb 16, 2011, at 00:57 , Smiley, David W. wrote:

> I noticed that the DIH .jar file ends up in the .war file.  It ends up this way because
the DIH's build.xml copies it into a place so that it ultimately winds up there.  This seems
like an odd thing because no other contrib module gets this special treatment.  I noticed
that the dataimport.jsp has a trivial dependency on the DataImportHandler class for an instanceof
check that could be replaced with a string comparison of the class name. With that in place,
this JSP won't error out if the DIH is not included.  So does someone have a reason?  In the
absence of a good one, I suggest this needless exception be removed on the basis of consistency.