lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <dsmi...@mitre.org>
Subject Why does DIH jar end up in Solr war?
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 05:57:18 GMT
I noticed that the DIH .jar file ends up in the .war file.  It ends up this way because the
DIH's build.xml copies it into a place so that it ultimately winds up there.  This seems like
an odd thing because no other contrib module gets this special treatment.  I noticed that
the dataimport.jsp has a trivial dependency on the DataImportHandler class for an instanceof
check that could be replaced with a string comparison of the class name. With that in place,
this JSP won't error out if the DIH is not included.  So does someone have a reason?  In the
absence of a good one, I suggest this needless exception be removed on the basis of consistency.
~ David Smiley