lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <>
Subject Re: FST for Solr Autosuggest?
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 19:52:21 GMT
Definitely. FSTs are particularly good at prefix matches, so an
fst-based prefix lookup would duplicate TSTAutocomplete (?). Infix
matching is also possible (in a number of ways, usually trading memory
and performance).

I would love to help on this one if I can. I'd need somebody more
familiar with SOLR's internals to supervise the implementation though.
I think a good place to start would be to implement TSTAutocomplete's
functionality based on FSTs and then move on from there to support
infix matching and weighted matching (?).