lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wind down for 3.1?
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 21:43:52 GMT
On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Upayavira <uv@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> Just to be clear, are you proposing to release 3.1 of Lucene, Solr, or
> both?

Both: because our development is merged, I think it makes sense to
merge release engineering too.

The users can be mostly unaware of this: for example the generated
artifacts are separate and posted on different websites.
But I think we should branch/tag/generate RC's and releases
together... I actually would propose we even have a single vote thread
for the combined releases.
I think this will result in higher quality releases because the 'whole
thing' is what is tested by hudson etc, not solr with an older copy of
lucene jar files.

This is just my idea, if you are nervous about this speak up, we could
alternatively create two separate release branches (one for lucene,
one for solr) but I would really like to avoid this.