lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject writeSolrDocument... Map pseudoFields?
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2011 22:42:16 GMT
I'm back to looking at how we can cleanly add more fields to outgoing
documents...

When I poke around the code, now, I see that TextRespnseWriter now has
some fields that look like they should solve SOLR-1566:

writeSolrDocument(String name, SolrDocument doc, Set<String>
returnFields, Map pseudoFields)
writeDocList(String name, DocList ids, Set<String> fields, Map otherFields)
writeSolrDocumentList(String name, SolrDocumentList docs, Set<String>
fields, Map otherFields)

What are Map pseudoFields and Map otherFields?  How are they used?
IIUC, this would just solve SOLR-1566 for things that use
TextResponseWriter, but not BinaryResponseWriters.

Anyone have any insite on this?

thanks
ryan