lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Israel Tsadok <itsa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Threading of JIRA e-mails in gmail?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:46:32 GMT
I'm not sure if this solution has been suggested, but I just noticed that
the gmail threading algorithm ignores the bracketed part of the subject
line. (I couldn't find it documented officially, though).

That means that if JIRA subject lines can indeed be customized to say e.g.
"[JIRA - Created:] (LUCENE-XXX) blah" instead of the current "[JIRA]
Created: (LUCENE-XXX) blah", the gmail issue would be resolved. I only
noticed it because this is exactly how YouTrack handles this.

Is this a viable option?