lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Example schema - fieldType phonetic
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 14:14:52 GMT
Ya, I suppose the PhoneticFilterFactory could check
"DoubleMetaphone".equals( encoder ) and then create the specialized
Filter.

I don't feel strongly, but we could have:
EncoderFilter -- just uses 'encode()'
DoubleMetaphoneFilter - uses special double metaphone stuff

EncoderFilterFactory -- always uses EncoderFilter, and is not
semantically bound to 'phonetic'
PhoneticFilterFactory -- picks the best phonetic filter impl (encoder
or double metaphone)

then deprecate:
PhoneticFilter
DoubleMetaphoneFilterFactory

Does that make sense?  If so, lets make a JIRA issue for it

ryan

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 4:43 AM, Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com> wrote:
> Technically it would be possible for the PhoneticFilterFactory to return a DoubleMetaphoneFilter
for that specific case. Otherwise it would be better to just remove support for DoubleMetaphone
from the PhoneticFilterFactory and refer to the specialized factory?